Ottawa Gloucester Hornets
Summer Recreational Soccer Camp
For Summer Camp!
The Ottawa Gloucester Hornets Recreational Soccer camps continue in 2017!
The camps are designed in accordance with LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development) Model and will combine elements of soccer skills development with a strong emphasis on on recreational play days for your children. Campers will get hundreds of touches on the soccer ball while having fun and developing new skills. Weather permitting, we will spend two afternoons a week at the Bearbrook Outdoor Swimming Pool. Transportation will be provided to the pool via OC Transpo.
This year we are open from Tuesday July 4 to Friday August 18, 2017 - a total of 7 weeks for all boys and girls between the ages of 5-12 years old. We do have limited space, so please book early to avoid disappointment. We encourage campers to sign up for as many weeks as you like.
Camp runs from 9am - 4pm. Early Drop-off (Starting at 8am) and Late Pick-Up (until 5pm) are available for $5/day ($10/day for both Early Drop-off & Late Pick-Up)
- Week 1: July 4 - July 7 (4 Days - excludes Canada Day) $120
- Week 2: July 10 - 14 $150
- Week 3: July 17 - 21 $150
- Week 4: July 24 - 28 $150
- Week 5: July 31 - 4 $150
- Week 6: August 8 - 11 (4 Days - excludes Civic Holiday Monday) $120
- Week 7: August 14 - 18 $150
Campers are assessed by instructors at the start of the program, and will be grouped by age, size & ability. Instructors are experienced and mature with an abundance of talent and skill, which will ensure the entire day is challenging and exciting for your children.
A Day at the FUNdamentals Recreational Camp
After drop-off at the Hornets Nest Clubhouse (1660 Bearbrook Road), our morning session concentrates primarily on soccer with a focus on ball mastery, receiving, passing, attacking, defending and finishing. After learning the basic skills, campers will be involved in team building exercises such as Mini Olympics.
The afternoon session consists of varied and enjoyable sports and activities such as swimming, baseball, dodgeball, hiking on our incredible property, scavenger hunts, games such as Capture the Flag and Kings Court and much more.
Important items to bring:
- Comfortable running and/or soccer shoes;
- Lunch, snacks and water bottle (NO NUT PRODUCTS PLEASE);
- Light jacket, sunscreen and hat;
- In case of inclement weather, running shoes are mandatory for indoor use;
- Pocket money for the canteen; and
- Inhalers/medications if required.
- Convenient location for commuting parents
- Free T-shirt for each camper
- Enthusiastic and skilled caregivers
- Expert soccer instruction
- Fun filled days
- Varied recreational activities
- Swimming and hiking
- Parent friendly drop off and pick up times