Are the Ottawa Gloucester Hornets for you?
The majority of Hornets players aged 9 to 18 will play ERSL in 2017 This league will have three distinct levels of play, namely:
Questions & Answers, click here
Expectations of Competitive Soccer, click here
Game Nights, click here
Assessment Schedule: please visit our Registration tab for full Schedule
Summer Soccer Overview
- ERSL Level 3 - (U14 - U18)
- District Competitive League (DCL) - (U13-U18) - Tier 1 and Tier 2
- District Development League (DDL) - (U9-U12) Tier 1, Tier 2 , Tier 3
Pursuant to our year round assessment process and the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) program , the Ottawa Gloucester Hornets endeavour to place players at a level of play that we deem to be developmentally appropriate for them. It is equally important that all players and parents understand the expectations of competitive soccer. As an organization we are committed to true player development, as opposed to simply paying lip service. As such, our players are placed to best enhance their long term development as soccer players, keeping in mind that soccer is an early entry, but late development sport!
Our Program features include the following:
- A year round assessment model that culminates in team selection after our Spring Assessments in February and March.
- An optional comprehensive Winter Development Program including Academy programs at select age groups.
- A game schedule that generally starts in late May and runs until the end of August.
- Training schedules that generally start in early April (in gyms or Domes).
- Professional technical direction throughout the season for our coaches and players through our Head Coach and Age Group Lead coaches.
- Intensive Coaching Development courses throughout the year.
- A minimum of two weekly team training sessions for most age groups lasting between 90 and 120 minutes. Practice days and times will be selected by the Hornets once the teams have been formed.
- One scheduled league game per week (as per league schedules).
- Summer soccer camps at both the recreational and advanced competitive levels.
- Participation in tournaments and life experiences around the world!